Sunday, May 27, 2007

Humpffff!!

CINDI SAYS:

Joseph and I are about to turn in the resignation papers on this thing called parenting. What a fiasco! After almost 11 years of this, we still don't know what we are doing. Will we ever?

We have been trying to get Nathan and May to ward choir for about three weeks now. Today we actually took two vehicles and we were on our way ON TIME!! About half way there, I lost power steering in the van. Next, the battery light went on. Picture my eyes starting to bulge out. Then, the hot oil light went on and I noticed the oil gauge was all the way at the top and then the incessant dinging started. So I pulled over Joseph did too. He found that there was NO OIL. Luckily our neighbors were inspired to sleep in today and had recently committed to help people on the highway. They rescued us by driving some of the kids home, teaching our primary class, and driving Joseph back from the shop where our van will hopefully be fixed. So, I guess Nathan and May will have to wait another week until they can sing in the choir.

JOSEPH SAYS:

So after Cindi pulled over, I went and bought some oil. I put in 3.5 quarts to see if we could make it home. After about a half mile, the oil was all gone again. Either we have some amazing leaking hose or the engine is dead. Good thing we were already thinking about getting a new van.

At least we have one bit of good new today. Michigan's poor economic stewardship has not resulted in 20 days of lost pay for our family. The Michigan legislature and governor finally came to an agreement for balancing this year's budget that does not include 20 layoff days for all state employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment