Friday, February 8, 2008

Pickin' the Baby Up By the Neck

Sariah shares her deep thoughts from the back seat of the mini-van. She is apparently preoccupied by the day when she will have escaped from the reign of her parents into her own realm. She often makes comments that start with, "When I am a mom..." Sometimes she wants me to tell her how it will be and sometimes she shares her preformed ideas.

Just two days ago she asked me, "Mom, what kind of Grandma will I be?" I told her I thought that she'd be a nice one.

Today, the conversation went something like this (and I wish I had written several others down!):

Sariah: Mom, what color will my van be when I'm a mom?
Me: I don' t know. Maybe you will only have two kids and you'll drive a car around, or maybe you'll have ten kids and need a ginormant van!
Sariah: Four.
Me: You're going to have four kids?
Sariah: Yes, and then I'll have a baby. I want it to be a girl. I'll have the baby before? I'm married.
Me: AFTER!!
Sariah: And if my little kid picks up the baby by the neck, I'll get her!

I think this last bit is somewhat autobiographical for Sariah, although I'm not sure exactly what "I'll get her" entails.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean five then...? Four, and THEN a baby? :) Kids are awesome. This morning Carolyn told me I took a shower because she was hungry, wasn't angry, just matter of fact. Things like that, I'm never sure if I should respond.

    ReplyDelete