Sunday, June 10, 2007

His n' Hers

We had to have Father's Day a week early this year. Joseph will be out of town next week (who is it that decides it's ok to hold academic meetings on the weekend of Father's Day?) We had a nice celebration and the one gift that Joseph asked for was a personalized license plate. I got mine a year ago for Mother's Day.

At the time I got mine, Elijah was still a preschooler and was my talkative little pal. As we rode around doing errands, etc. he was constantly chatting, trying to figure out the world. After each little statement he made he would end with "Huh, Mom." He seemed to want me to validate what he had just said. It wasn't so cute said hundreds of times per day when I was expected to answer each one, but when I thought of immortalizing Elijah on my license plate, I liked it. Also, I thought it was much cuter when I realized that I ended a lot of my sentences with "Huh, Elijah" or insert other name depending on the circumstances. :)

Ever since then Joseph has wanted to get a personalized license plate. We've turned over ideas in our heads and then one night in a moment of genious (ha!), I hit on just the right thing! It was during a time when I was trying to get Brigham to sleep through the night on his own, so I had plenty of awake time, down in the basement on the futon, listening to him cry. I had hours to work through hundreds of six and seven letter possiblities.

We tried out some new recipes today. I made chocolate tapioca from scratch which was a big hit. Also I tried to imitate a dressing that we tasted last night at Q-doba (that food is yummy; try it if you haven't and you happen to have it in your area). It's called Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette and was sooo tasty. We had hummus. It was my first time eating it and I'm happy to say I loved it. It came from a box though, just mix the water and oil in and you're set.









3 comments:

  1. Great idea with the license plates! I love the new Michigan plate; haven't seen that one before.
    Can you send me the recipe for the dressing? Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindi, this is Alice. I'm enjoying the blog very much. It's nice to know what's going on over there with you guys. Please more pics of the kidos.
    love, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I also would really love to try that dressing- it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete