Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spark people

So, since Brigham is our last kid, and he's done nursing AND he's over a year old, it's really time for me to begin getting serious about weight loss. Oh, I dread it.

I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want plus three square meals a day, and sad to say, it shows.

I considered joining Weight Watchers, but the cost seemed too much to me. I decided to use a website called Sparkpeople (www.sparkpeople.com). It's really great. If you need something like that, check it out. It's totally free and you can track your food and exercise plus other goals. They help you out with a strength training plan. There are message boards for support and you can create your own blog.

Anyway, I'm not posting a picture with this blog for obvious reasons! Maybe an after picture will be ready in the next decade or so. But if there's anyone with an inspiring story or if you just want to commiserate with me, I'd love your company!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cindi, I saw a 20/20 or Dateline show once where they took "before" pictures of people in bikinis, etc. (they didn't show this part) and then each person had a goal to lose X amount of pounds within 6 or 8 weeks or whatever. The experiment was that IF they didn't meet their goal at the end of those weeks, their before/bikini picture would be aired on national television and on the NBC website. Almost every single person met or surpassed their goal! The threat of humiliation and embarrassment was enough to motivate them to lose weight! A little drastic, but I thought it was interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya sista! I just signed up with sparkpeople. Since Andyn was born I've kind of struggled to keep on track. So maybe this will help.

    ReplyDelete