Saturday, June 9, 2007

Yard work



Today we all headed outside to the yard and WORKED!! It was the best we have all gotten along for a few weeks. Go figure. Everyone was pretty much nice to everyone else.

Joseph planted the garden. He takes care of the vegetables and I take care of the flowers.

I have been trying to answer once and for all the question, "Am I a gardener?" Last week as I was digging in my front flower bed, my visiting teachers came by (They both live right in my neighborhood. Yeah!), and one of them said, "That does not look fun at all." I just laughed at the comment. As I kept on thinking about it though, I was thinking to myself that I DO like to shovel dirt. Crazy as it may sound. So, then, under that definition, maybe I am a gardener. I spent 2 more hours today doing just that, shoveling dirt.

I've got plans for all that dirt, too. The two pictures show my available dirt. If you have a favorite flower, speak now or forever hold your peace! I dug out my old seeds. Hopefully, they'll still grow (2003). It's nice to have dirt with no weeds, no plants, because then I get to be creative.

Eight years ago was the prettiest and probably always will be. I didn't plant until the end of June and in Sept and Oct the yard was plum FULL of blooms. I'll see what I can make of it this year!

Oh, I know, I'm a gardener, unless it's HOT!

3 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS thought of you as an excellent gardner! Not just because you are good at it, but because you are so knowledgable about it. AND, of course, because your flowers always look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindi, while you're in Utah, you can come help me landscape..he,he..we have nice pretty dirt all grated in the front and back waiting for a miracle. Ben & I are not landscaping people..so we have a lot to learn and fast! I look at all the dirt and know that it will be the sandbox and be all in my house unless it gets some TLC fast!! Please share all your knowlege...plants that thrive through winters..etc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about your gardening, and I would love to see your gardens. I would also love to see pictures of your garden eight years ago!
    I lvoe gardening, too, and I love digging in the dirt. There's something so satisfying about taking out the bad and putting in the good!

    ReplyDelete