Saturday, August 11, 2007

Garage sale over!

The first day went pretty well. The second day was very slow. I made enough money to save my sanity on our trip west (I bought DVD's to keep my kids entertained while we are driving).

I was very impressed by a lady that showed up yesterday morning. She goes around garage sales buying things that can be donated to the children and adults down in the Apalachia area. I thanked her for coming, told her we had been praying that people who needed our things would find us. Turns out she had been heading to another sale and had seen our signs. I thought a little bit about how prayers are answered. I don't always keep track of the things I pray for, but prayers are always answered. Not always in the way that we think they will be.

We took the left over stuff (enough to fill up the back of our van) to a thrift store where I like to shop. The end of another chapter of our THING filled lives!

Does anybody need any canning jars?

JOSEPH: What Cindi didn't tell you about was the two threatening drunk guys who showed up on day 1. I think next time we hold a garage sale, I will take Friday off.

3 comments:

  1. hi cindi-- i'm glad you found our blog-- i linked back over to yours and it is so nice to see that everyone is doing well in your family, i can't believe how big everyone is! i feel like i've lost track of so many friends from michigan and i love that the blogs can keep everyone in touch! my e-mail is moseygidget@gmail.com, so let's keep in touch-- e-mail me! let me know how things are! love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martineaus! I miss you guys being in the ward. I saw you had commented on Elaine's blog, so I had to see yours :) I hope you are all doing great, probably getting ready for school to start. Reed and Douglas will be starting Kindergarten this fall, aaahhhh!!!!
    Take care!
    Becky Williams incase you were trying to remember who I was :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cindi--i need your mailing address--we have a card for May that we didn't bring to the baptism--we had a lot going on that day. could you email me kimhumpherys@yahoo.com and give me your address! that'd be great! it was great seeing you guys!!

    ReplyDelete