Friday, October 12, 2007

Nathan's birthday party


Nathan doesn't officially turn 11 until October 24th, but last weekend, we had his party. I decided to combine it with his movie night so we didn't have to host two parties in one month. It's all the same kids he would want to invite.

I decided to make it a surprise party, only on the day of the party one of his friends came up to him and told him that he wouldn't be able to make it to his party. So, Nathan was totally expecting people to jump out and yell surprise at him. He did say he didn't expect it to be so loud though.

We served dinner of pigs in a blanket, tater tots, and a veggie tray. They had their usual movie snack spread also. During the movie we provided the kids with a mountain of legos and they were told that whatever they built, they could take home. I think most of them enjoyed that. Finally, ice cream cake was served.

Nathan was given a cool computer CD-Rom called Return of the Incredible Machine--Contraptions. You build, well, contraptions, with it. I think Nathan will learn a lot about physics with it. He also received some bionicles, a game called "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" and some cash. The cash was exciting because he wants to buy a big amethyst geode at the rock and gem show we attend annually. Since he doesn't have any money saved, this will help out. I'm always impressed with my kids friends when they make cool birthday cards for my kids. All that time and effort sure is appreciated.

P.S. See the Harry Potter t-shirts? I made those for the club!

1 comment:

  1. Great shirts! That cake looks so great. I'll have to show it to Sam and see if he wants that for his birthday next month. I'll have to locate my springform pan... So glad that Nathan and his friends had fun! Aren't you glad you're done with parties for a tiny bit? Also, if you go to http://kids.discovery.com/ and scroll down to games, click on whizzball. It is a fun game where you build a contraption-like maze. You then drop a ball/marble at the beginning and try to get it to go to the end. My kids love it and it's free. I think your kids would love it. Even Elijah could do it.

    ReplyDelete