The book "Gift from the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was perfect for me. I read this small book on the first day of my two day vacation. Joseph sent me away to a B & B that also had spa services (I got my first massage and my first pedicure!) It is a book I hope to read again and again. It is for women, but I think men would benefit by reading it as well. The author touches on the subjects of love, marriage, motherhood, and the ebb and flow of life.
Though the book was written over fifty years ago, it seemed timeless to me. A wonderful read, recommended by my friend Heidi!
Last night, Joseph and I watched a newly released DVD called "Miss Potter" (rated PG). It is the story of the author Beatrix Potter and how she came to publish her charming stories for children. It includes romance, but since it's a real life story, it doesn't have a fairy tale ending. I recommend it unreservedly!
Friday, November 16, 2007
A book and a movie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you liked the book. I thought it was timeless too. It made me feel really good about being who I am!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see it.
ReplyDelete