Monday, December 17, 2007

Lost Glove

This morning I feel like pulling my hair out or screaming. Instead I grumped at my kids all morning and came here to vent. Yesterday, the kids went out into the snow to play for a while. When they came in they dumped their snow stuff where they pleased. This morning, Elijah is missing one of his gloves. This is the same boy who has recently lost two right handed gloves from different pairs of gloves. So, I bought him this nice $13 pair of gloves that are oh so warm. Of course, the glove HAS to be somewhere and I'm SURE we'll find it, although it may be next spring! You would think I was in luck because he actually lost the left glove. But this boy won't wear a mismatch. Nathan doesn't seem to mind. He'll pull on two different socks and not even blink. Elijah is very particular. I picked up two socks this morning that were actually a mismatch, but looked very similar. Elijah looked carefully over them to make sure he could wear them together. UUGGGHHH!

3 comments:

  1. I have such a huge collection of "one" gloves it's ridiculous. Because I, personally, wouldn't wear mismatched gloves or socks, it never occurred to me to give the kids mismatched gloves. I'll have to try that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloves! What a problem. I don't remember losing mine ever. I do remember my sister losing hers, once! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is so picky about his socks! It's not like he's wearing a kilt. Who looks at anyone's ankles anyway?
    About gloves-- I buy oodles and oodles of the same type of stretchy, wooly kind at the dollar store, all the same color, so we never have mismatches, but we do need to get fresh gloves often if we are playing in the snow and the gloves get wet.

    ReplyDelete