Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tantrums and Accents

Brigham actually started drinking a bottle at age 12 months which is pretty crazy I know. I chalk it up to the things parents do to get a little serenity. He usually gets by with three bottles of soy milk per day. Lately he asks for more. Maybe it's because he's communicating better. His solid eating habits are still iffy enough that I don't really want to give him more than 24 oz. of milk a day. Yesterday he was asking for "ba ba" and I decided to put water in the bottle. I told him this and also gave the sign for water. He was distraught. His tantrum wasn't loud at all though. He looked like he was praying to Allah. He laid on the ground with his bum in the air, arms stretched forward and forehead on the ground!

Another funny story. I have been doing a big project that gives me some tv time. I have been watching DVD's of BBC productions of Elizabeth Gaskell books, George Eliot books, and of course, Jane Austen books. There are lots of good ones out there that I hadn't even realized existed. (Ask me if you want some recommendations!) I usually do this during Brigham's naps and Sariah will play upstairs or sometimes she'll come downstairs and play where I am. I can tell that she's been listening. As she was playing with her Webkinz yesterday, she was using different voices for her different animals. One of her pets had a distinct British accent! What a clever child.

1 comment:

  1. Two funny stories! You had me laughing out loud. Kids are so funny! Send me your recommendations when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete