
Last night, right before bed, Sariah got to see a birthday video sent by her best friend LUCY MILLER. It was so cute! She really likes that kind of thing. It's fun to see her face light up as she watches.
She's officially five now and would like to go to Kindergarten today. I've been telling her I'll help her make a calendar so that she can count down the days until Kindergarten. I'm thinking I've got a long eight months ahead of me.
She'd like everyone to know that she poked her hand with a toothpick yesterday, drawing blood. This was very traumatic. I don't think she'll try it again. If you look closely at the collage, you'll see a picture of Sariah with her birthday cake holding up five fingers. It's the palm of that hand that she injured. She noticed it today as we were sifting through her birthday pictures. NOTE: I cut her head off the picture of her brownie torte with birthday candles because of the extremely injured look she had on her face when we told her to blow out the candles. I should have left it on!
Her t-shirt choice for this year was Wonder Pets. They are favored over Backyardigans for the moment.
For the past year we've had a tradition called "Special Plate." It goes back to when I was in nursery at church and was given a plate with treats on it from the Primary Presidency (Thanks Shelley!) That became my special plate and there were fights about who would use it. We started going to the dollar store for birthdays and buying a plate and cup for the person who was celebrating their birthday. Sariah is the last to get hers and I think we may have to retire this tradition due to lack of space!
She's been wanting a big girl bike, so that was her present this year. She can't wait to get out and ride in our steamy 22 degree weather today (in a skirt, no less).
Oh, she asked for rice with butter for dinner and brownie torte instead of cake. She couldn't be induced to eat either one!
Friday, January 18, 2008
The Birthday Girl
Labels:
birthdays,
creativity,
Sariah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment