Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh Bear!

My sister, Bobbie, sent me a CD called "Sleep, Baby, Sleep" by Nicolette Larson. She knows just how much I love babies and listening to this CD has been very nostalgic of all my babies. Mostly, though, we all listen and think of Brigham, our last baby.

There's one song in particular that everyone requests. It's called, "Oh Bear." You can go to Amazon by clicking here. Scroll down and you can listen to a snippet of this adorable song.

Every parent can probably relate to a baby or small child having a blanket or stuffed animal that they simply have to have before they toddle off to bed. Brigham has his buffalo that we got him in Yellowstone this summer. He called it "Diddy" at the start which is a name that has stuck with the rest of us. Then he got confused and started calling his buffalo "Rar rar," his name for doggies. Now he calls him "Ruff," which I think is a cross between a dog and BUFF-alo. At any rate, he scraggly, sometimes stinks, and is frequently lost. I adore this little creature simply because his owner adores him so.

I typed in the words to the song and have taken pictures to go with them. Just a fun little something to do while I'm working through my fear of working over my files!

Oh Bear

Oh Bear, Oh Bear

Oh where can you be?

Oh Bear, Oh Bear

Oh where are you hiding?

It’s time to go to bed until morning,

You’re gone without warning

And I cannot sleep without Bear.

Oh Bear, Oh Bear

I need you beside me

Bear, Oh Bear

We’re two of a kind


I’m thinking about you

I can’t sleep without you

My arms have to hold you

Where can you be, Oh Bear?

Mommy takes care of me all through the day

Daddy comes home and then we get to play

But, you are the one with me all through the night.

And if you’re not here, well it just isn’t right.

Oh Bear, oh Bear

I know I will find you

Here or there

Or under a chair

Then I will hold you

And keep you right here

Everything’s better when

I am with my bear.

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, these pictures are an accurate representation, even though we staged them to get them for the blog!

    ReplyDelete