I can't let this day go by without saying how sad I am that President Gordon B. Hinckley has passed away yesterday evening (for those who are not members of my church, this is akin to the Pope passing away).
This is what he said at the end of the last General Conference, "Now this conference is adjourned for six months. We look forward to seeing you again next April. I'm 97, but I hope I'm going to be there."
Amazing. 97 years old. What a contribution he has made in my life and in the church! I will really miss him. How sweet and sad it has been in some of our previous Conferences where President Hinckley has spoken of his wife, Marjorie, who passed away a few years ago, and how he missed her. What a reunion they will have had!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sad Day
Labels:
inspiring people,
religion,
sentimental
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do a little better each day was the message of President Hinckley. It is amazing how powerful and simple that message is. It also amazes me how achievable those words are.
ReplyDeleteThe streets of Salt Lake were filled with joy as people reflected on a life well lived.
Wow! What a perspective you have living right downtown like that. It's times like this when I wish I lived in Utah!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard not to be estatic for him when you know he went straight to God's arms and the rest of us can only hope for that!
ReplyDelete