Here are most of the t-shirts I've made plus some of other simple sewing projects that I've done. I'm don't really sew well. I like to piece quilts and make simple elastic waist band skirts. May and Elijah had the same kindergarten teacher. The mascot of their class was mice. I made simple cute little mice for each of their classes for their birthday celebrations (There's a picture of some of these in the collage above.)
My two projects I'm most pleased with (Joseph taught me to use the word pleased, instead of proud), are an apron for May and a Wizard robe for Nathan. I actually crocheted the lace on the apron and created the pattern for the apron (really very simple). I had to cut and piece fabric to cover the collar of a regular bathrobe (my most challenging sewing project). I also did the tedious job of hand sewing all that gold cording on the edges of the robe. I don't think I'll ever make clothes. It seems like too much of a challenge to me. But, I'm happy that I own a sewing machine and that I occasionally challenge myself with a fun project.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Shirts etc.
Labels:
Cindi,
crafts,
creativity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment