Saturday, January 19, 2008

Too Many Babas Soup



Elijah brought home a book called "Too Many Babas" by Carolyn Croll. As we read it together, I read a page, he read a page, I saw my dinner shaping before my eyes. The books starts off by telling about Baba (means grandmother in Russian) Edis who decided to make some soup. She used her ingredients on hand and put them in a pot to stew. Pretty soon Baba Basha stopped by to visit and was welcomed in. She made her own contribution to the soup. Baba Yetta, Baba Molka, all made their contributions. While the soup smelled wonderful, they found that it didn't taste very good. Then they decided that they needed to plan together and try again.

As it turned out, I had the ingredients necessary to make the soup, so I guessed at a recipe and we had that with breadsticks last night. EVERYONE was happy!

Click here to see the easy recipe. This will take you to a recipe blog that I belong to called "Do We Have To Eat This?"

1 comment:

  1. So Talented! LOL! I would NEVER attempt such a thing! I am making chicken noodle soup for dinner though.... I can make that!

    ReplyDelete