Monday, January 14, 2008

What's Brigham Up To?


He loves cars and trucks, which I've previously mentioned. He calls them "Drrrn drrrn" (read that with a trilled "r.") He likes to line up his cars in rows. He also likes to put little cars into bigger cars and "shut the dowa" (shut the door). He's recently added a new sound for a Thomas the Tank Engine train whistle that we have. Something like "Dooo dooo" but close to "Choo choo." Aren't baby sounds hard to replicate with letters?

He recently started insisting on folding his arms during prayers. I have to admit that I peek at him and it's funny to watch him thinking the prayer has gone on too long. He throws his arms to his sides, but when he sees the praying continue, he kinda huffily folds his arms again.

He can be seen with a bottle nipple bitten between his teeth as he carries it with him using his hands for other things. I'm hoping this won't inflict the kind of tooth damage seen in Sariah below!

He still loves his buffalo that we bought him in Yellowstone. Click here to see him biting the nose of that guy! The buffalo's faux leather nose is completely gone and I have to admit that he needs a bath, badly. He takes it with him on car rides. But, he's a little confused and calls it a "rar rar" or the word he uses for dog. By the way, he's obsessed with dogs and dog stuffed animals and has a few that he sleeps with. We are in that stage of frantically searching for his pets so he can get to sleep at night.

Still signing, we are trying to add new signs to his repertoire. It's hilarious when he bucks against the status quo and refuses for a few days to try a new sign and so adorable to see when he tries them for the first time.

I caught the picture in the upper right hand corner one day when he was doing some bizarre behavior and wished I had gotten it on video. He was sticking his tongue out and licking each of his cars that he had put on the chair, but he was also talking to them in between licks.

I love watching his little legs as he RUNS around the house. He loves to put his diaper in the garbage and his bottle in the sink. He loves the bathtub. He also spends a good deal of his time begging for "num nums."

He likes to rock my glider rocker back and forth while I sing "Rock-a-bye Baby." He runs in circles while we sing "Round and round he goes, round and round he goes, and a Bonk" (he plops to the floor) to a little tune meant for a different song.

At nap time and bed time, he makes the sign for more (center, left above). This means that he wants more songs. He stands in his crib and leans his head against mine or Joseph's chest while we sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "I am a Child of God." Then he settles into his blankets, arranges his doggies and goes swiftly off to dreamland.

He's still my baby.

2 comments:

  1. nathansays:
    Brigham is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww...he sounds adorable. I'm glad you can relish and enjoy this stage. My "baby" is SIX!

    ReplyDelete