Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bed Sheets

I became curious about bed sheets when I was talking to my sister (Jodi) on the phone. We were actually discussing laundry and how much more you have when you change the sheets every week.

I'm supposed to change the sheets at least weekly and wash them in hot water due to allergies in our household. The hot water is the only thing that will get rid of dust mites. I don't really do that. I hardly ever remember to switch the water over to hot. Lately I've been doing o.k. at getting the sheets changed on a weekly basis though, but only because I love the feel of fresh sheets.

After I posted last week's poll, my sister told me that she had watched an Oprah show during which they discussed washing sheets. The expert that day said that sheets should be changed and washed at minimum, once per week. Can you imagine changing the sheets more than once a week? Not me!

Check out my new poll!

P.S. I know it's late, but there a lunar eclipse tonight from 10 pm to 10:50 pm EST. If the cloud cover clears away, I'll be out there. I love a good lunar eclipse. We're supposed to be able to see Saturn too. Times like these when I really wish I had a telescope!

1 comment:

  1. I was on a kick for a while, gathering everyone's sheets every Saturday morning and getting them all done. I've slacked off a bit... I must say, I love sleeping on fresh sheet.

    ReplyDelete