Earlier today I logged on the the lds.org website (website of my church) today to get the phone number of my Relief Society President. The sign in window came up and since my computer saves passwords and Joseph signed in last, it had his information in the little boxes: username and password. I clicked the "Sign In" button which takes you to the page with a link for ward directory. This was when I was confronted with the information that my husband has the address: Revere, MA 02149. Great! When did he move? I swear he was here this morning getting ready for work like usual, now he lives in Massachusetts!?! I wish he would have consulted me first. I could have told him that the Massachusetts State Tax form is really hard to fill out. That you practically need a Master's Degree in forms in order to file taxes there. I would have told him that Plymouth Rock is really just a big rock that's cemented together housed in a big shrine, stamped with 1620 (Oh! wait a minute, he's seen it). I would have told him that the aquarium in Boston can't hold a candle to the aquarium in Monterey, CA and the coastlines can't compare either. (Hmm, he's seen both). I would have told him that people in MA are cold and unfriendly (Wait a minute, he married me, didn't he?). Maybe he made a more informed decision than I'm willing to admit.
Well, honey, I'm blowing you a kiss (hand to mouth, Ppfffwah!, blowing). I hope you decide to come back. I'll miss you.
P.S. It's true. By some fluke, Joseph's church records have been transferred to the Revere 1st (Spanish) Ward!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Crazy Fluke!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahh, does this mean the mysterious missing and moving church paperwork that has followed me (and then carried over to my husband) ever since I left Massachusetts 17! Years ago ... has it moved on to others?
ReplyDeleteI caught your blog via Steves, and had to laugh as I read this. No kidding, my church paper work has vanished, moved without us (and we're military, so it's not like we don't move enough already) and even seperated into various branches and wards. What's up with that??
So, maybe there's a subliminal message in there that you all need a Massachusetts connection to make? Or need to brush up on your Spanish? maybe. Oh, wait, I know, someone in the 'beyond' is just playing a joke and saying they miss your presence in the lovely state. :o) Yeah, that's gotta be it.
--Jennifer
ps. that family you've formed is quite the cute bunch!
I have to confess something. And this could ruin my future political career- but here goes. Everytime me and my "best friend" made a midnight drive into Plymouth to visit you, before we went to your place, we'd first stop by Plymouth Rock. I would keep watch while he jumped down into the pit and stole the quarters and dimes that people used to throw down in there. We would use that money to buy sodas. Then- and this is true- we would pee on Plymouth Rock.
ReplyDeleteI know, I know, we peed on an American icon. But it was more because we KNEW that wasn't the actual rock, even though the local tour guides insisted it was. We weren't peeing on AMERICA; we were peeing on the tour guides. That's how we saw it anyway.
Crap, now I'll never be President.