
Yesterday Elijah came to me asking for 18 pieces of paper. "Eighteen?!?!" I said. He told me he thought he could use less by cutting each paper into four pieces and asked how many would he need to make 18. I told him and then asked what he was doing. "I'm going to make a card for all the people in my class telling them what time to come to my house for my party," he said, real cute-like. Ooohhhh! I had to explain that each kid had a big party last year and that we weren't having any friend parties this year, only family parties. But I spent last night and this morning wishing I would do a party for him because that was just so cute!
Elijah is excited for his birthday and to celebrate this morning he had cheese melted in a tortilla. But, he wasn't too keen on us singing to him because it's just not time. He chose basketball and soccer ball cupcakes for school and a chocolate-vanilla swirl cheesecake for the family party.
Elijah through the years (including two of the four scrapbook pages I've ever made):




Elijah is a special boy to me. He had such a struggle with language acquisition and I'm so happy that I got right down on his level with the help of some wonderful ladies through the "Early On" program here in our town. I've got a special bond with him because of it.
Just the other day he made me a paper airplane which he somehow cut to look like a heart. On one of the wings, it says, "happy mother's day. love ya!"
Love you too, E. Happy birthday!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Happy 7th Elijah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...and I read this post AFTER I purchased my tickets to fly out for his birthday party. Dang it!
ReplyDeletei recognize that green plaid shirt. all three of my boys wore it in the last family picture. gotta love walmart!!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday little man
Happy Birthday to You!
ReplyDeleteYou are a sweet boy.