Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Incredible House We Rented

Since I had to find this place short notice, I did a google search for rentals. I found a site that allowed me to search availability by dates (cyberrentals.com). Then, I further narrowed the search because I knew I wanted a house rather than a condo. My friend, Steve, used to live in Florida and gave me lots of information about areas where we might want to stay. However, my sister, Jodi, loves to search out vacation homes and scolded ;) me for not letting her find it for me. If you ever need a vacation home, send me your information and she will find you an amazing place (hope you don't mind me offering your services, Jodi).

This is what we saw when we got out of the van on Saturday evening. Lizards that were sunning themselves on the rocks skittered into the gardens:


This morning shot shows the pretty gardens:

Here's the beach scene that greeted us. The kids romped out there immediately and got down to business (play):

This pathway leads to the porch under the house:

The kids had fun playing ping-pong:


The hammock. Joseph and I laid out under the stars at night after the kids were in bed:

The screened in porch:


Comfy living room complete with cool coffee table books, binoculars, & telescope:


T.V. room with satellite so we could watch General Conference. Pull-out couch:


Kitchen:

Master bedroom:


Bubbly tub. I've never used this type of tub. This is where Brigham hung out when it was too cold in the ocean:


Kids' room complete with toy chest and closet of games:

Back view of the cottage:

Awesome outdoor shower for washing off salt water:


This place was so great! The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, silverware, pans, etc. There were tons of towels and beach towels and extra pillows/linen. There was a washer and a drier so that I could keep all those towels clean. There was even a grill!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it'd be hard to LEAVE a house like that! Looks like you can rival your sister for finding amazing places to rent!--Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an amazing cottage! Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, talk about a dream vacation! I'm glad you got to take off and do this. What wonderful wonderful memories. Beautiful beach? Awesome house? Hatching baby turtles? Who could ask for anything more!

    ReplyDelete