Monday, April 21, 2008

Readability Update

Since the website that provides the readability scores doesn't give any links so that we can figure out what equation they are using, I decided to research a little on my own. Side note: Megan got a genius level grade for her blog! Super blogging Megan. None of us little people can understand your blog though, you might have to dumb it down for us.

Here's a blog post that talks more about the score. He provides a link here that explains how to get a reading score from Microsoft Word. This blogger thinks that the criticsrant.com website only looks at your most recent blog post. Interestingly, I entered a few different posts into Microsoft's test and found that they were elementary level and not the junior high level that the website gave me.

These tests usually use lists of words as comparison. They also look at sentence length and syllables per word. With this further information, I'm still hoping that Joseph can make a comment (hint, hint Joseph) There is more than one test out there and they all have their pros and cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment