
Remember when we used to write each other letters and send stacks of pictures? It's hard to believe. Some years back, I got rid of all the letters I had been saving my whole life, but then they built up again. Since I'm determined to go through every box and bin in my house, I have to sort through these letters and decide what to keep (very little).
I wrote weekly to many missionaries as Joseph's siblings and my siblings served their missions. Unless my memory serves me wrong, it wasn't until my youngest brother served his mission, that e-mail was a form of communication. I'm not sure I ever sent him a paper letter! I'm sure that's standard now. I can't imagine fitting that into my life now! At one point, I was writing three to four letters per week plus occasional other letters. It seems weird to me now that we communicated that way. Our kids will hardly relate at all, although they do get the occasional letter and birthday card. Mail just isn't what it used to be!!
My prize possession in all of these letters are these letters below:
After my Grandma Burris passed away, my aunt gave me these letters. They are the ones I wrote to my grandma. I'm wondering if I still have the letters she wrote to me saved somewhere. The longer my grandma is gone, the more I miss her. I don't think I realized when she was alive, how important she was to me. I can't wait to see her again! I love you Grandma Jennie!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Remember?
Labels:
Grandma Jennie,
memories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah, i was a major letter writer. i still have a couple boxes with all kinds of letters. why i save them, i'll never know. but i do.
ReplyDelete