Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Google Earth

We are loving Google Earth around here!

On Sunday, Elijah traveled around the world. He went right down into the volcano on Hawaii's biggest island. (Did you know that there are cottages built right on the edge of that thing?) I saw him coming out of Indonesia telling me he couldn't find Utah. We went to visit his cousin's houses. I asked him if he'd like to see Houston where we'll be going next spring, he and I. We saw where Grandpa lives. We decided to check out Sea World in San Antonio since we'd like to go there. I had no idea of the death defying roller coasters they have there. Elijah says he wants to go on them. What do you think, Dad, are you game?

I've been using it to look up locations in Michigan we'd like to visit this summer. It gives me some idea of the surroundings and the size of the beaches. Really cool.

You can see the same satellite views on Google maps, but I don't think it's quite the same as Google Earth. It is free to download. Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. We love Google Earth, too. We always use it to check out places we are traveling to. We even used it to choose our hotel at Disney World.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was checking out my old mission areas just a couple of days ago on Google Maps Satellite images. They are almost exactly the same as what you see on Google Earth; I had that on my old computer. Pretty awesome! I found a couple of the houses I lived in while I was serving, and also found out that I didn't quite remember my way around Guazacapan the way I thought I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Google Earth!! So fun! We're house hunting in Arkansas and so I've used it to look at neighborhoods that the houses are in. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's this? You're going to TX next year. Hey, Arkansas is on the way down from Michigan, right? We'd love to have you stop by overnight. Free room and board! :)
    BTW, I love Google Earth, but I can't stand to watch the zooming from place to place. Motion sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Google Earth, too! But I'm with mishrerr, it makes me sick to watch.-S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason loves to look at Disneyworld! And now I here, more than ever, how much he wants to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete