My friend, Kristen, told me that they had gotten the "Planet Earth: as you've never seen it before" DVD's produced by BBC video for Christmas and that they were wonderful. They just couldn't stop watching them.
I got right on the list at the library. It took until last Saturday for me to be able to check them out. The kids have been watching them a little bit this week, but I've been busy. How much I've missed!
I decided that the kids and I would watch an episode last night before they crawled into bed. I meant to watch "Deep Ocean," but one about forests came on while I was switching the laundry into the drier. I'm not sorry at all! Intriguing. Beautiful. Enlightening. These are all about nature at it's best. A peek into a world that is rarely seen. If you get the chance to see them, please do!! I have to return them today, but I'm going right back on the waiting list!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Planet Earth
Labels:
educational movies,
wildlife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just put it on hold! Our library system had 5 copies, 4 of which were available. ???
ReplyDeleteThey are really beautiful. It feels like you can touch it.
ReplyDeletei've recorded alot of these episodes onto our DVR and we love to watch it. our tv went out when we moved, so we bought a new lcd (imagine my surprise when Tube tvs are a thing of the past when i walk into the store to purchase a tv)..anyhow, it has HD, so of course you have to order HD service (why do they the manufacturers do this to us..team up and gang up to FORCE us to purchase their stuff?)..anyhow, so now we're able to watch HD planet earth and let me tell you, I think what I see on my TV is way better than it must look in real life..how can it be that beautiful..!!? My kids on Monday night watched the jungle floor episode and I've never heard so much laughter as they shared when the birds were dancing and parading around to find mates!!
ReplyDeletewe love love love planet earth. it really makes you appreciate Heavenly Father's sense of beauty. from the oceans to the desert, each was unique and wonderful. and yes, along with kim, we totally loved the birds of paradise dancing. it just goes to show you what joy heavenly father has in his creations!
ReplyDelete