Thursday, May 1, 2008

Posters

Here's another post about something that I needed to take pictures of and then throw away. These are some of the posters I've made for my kids' birthdays. A lot of them were used for some version or other of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey." Coloring is surprisingly therapeutic (well, to a point).

Have you ever read the George and Martha stories by author/illustrator George Marshall? If not, you should check your local library. They have a humor all their own! These posters were for Joseph's party about four years ago. I told him that he had two surprise visitors coming to his party. He was genuinely excited about this because he loves having people over to our house. Secretly I had bought some stuffed hippos and dressed them up for George and Martha (you're seeing that this was more for the kids than Joseph). In one of their stories they go up in a hot air balloon. I created a hot air balloon, put the hippos in and sailed them into Joseph's party! The kids and I thought it was great!



Elijah's third birthday party:


May's fifth birthday party. We played pin the horn on the unicorn:



For Nathan's eighth birthday we held his party at the local science museum, but we were all really into Gumby and Pokey at the time, so I had to incorporate that:



Sariah's fourth birthday:


Elijah's fourth birthday. He's still a Curious George fan. We even have Brio train sets that were made to accompany some of the stories. I can't tell you how many Curious George books I've read:



Elijah's sixth birthday party, also held at the Science museum, but with a penguin theme (all the kids go crazy for penguins in Kindergarten because it's part of the curriculum):


We've had lots of Thomas the Tank Engine parties and we're going to have another one on Sunday. Brigham is already crazy about Thomas!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew you had that talent along with all your others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the posters. They store easily and don't take up much room. That's my vote.

    Always keep the paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continually amazed my your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can draw so well...so creative! Sadly, I lean on my husband when it comes to the poster making..he,he..he's lots more creative and talented in that department..love Thomas the train though..i just bought tickets to take brayden and my 2 yr. old nephew who's psychotic for Thomas to "Day out with Thomas" aka..Heber Valley Train..should be fun!! i will love the pure enjoyment on the boys' faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might need to commission you some day for my future children's birthdays! What talent!

    ReplyDelete