There is a good feeling in the Thumb region of Michigan. I'm not sure if this is always the case with farm land and I've missed it in the past, or if the Thumb is really unique. Route 25 ribbons around the perimeter, with forest on either side. The land in the middle of the Thumb is, from what I could see, mostly farm land. As we were driving through it, I felt almost euphoric. There was a moment when we were driving past a field of young plants. I think I've seen it before, either in a documentary, a commercial, or perhaps one of my other lives. Whizzing by row after row with rich brown earth in between the rows. (I tried to take a video, but my battery was too low, so the picture below will have to do. I turned to my dad and said, "When I see a scene like that, I feel like I'm living the good life in America!" And boy, did I mean it!


Too bad it was a cloudy day and that I was lazily taking photos from my moving vehicle. You just can't get the same feel of the place.
We might have missed the wind farm located between Pigeon and Elkton, if not for my dad. He has seen them in previous travels and said it would be worth seeing. It could be seen for miles! It was a highlight for Brigham who is still talking about it!


Isn't this a pretty farm? May thought the house looked just like the one in Anne of Green Gables.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Living the Good Life in America
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The house does kind of look like Anne! The wind farms are cool. There is one in WY on the way to UT.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back and that you had a good time. Can't wait to hear all about it!-Shelley
ReplyDelete