It is my belief that the world would be a better place if everyone were to take just three minutes to watch and listen to this segment of "The Magic Flute." It is called, "The Queen of the Night." I don't know what it means, but we are checking out a book from the library that will tell us what's going on. There are other versions out there, but this was our fav. ("Five star rating, without debate," says Nathan.) Here's another version by a talented little boy.
Marni is always a few steps ahead of me, but she's creating a great path for me to follow! I took this link from her blog post yesterday!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Good Use of Three Minutes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this! I played in an orchestra that played this opera!
ReplyDeleteIt's not exactly the happiest song... The music is amazing, but she's telling her daughter to kill the bad dude. Thus the knife in her hand. If I ever get to meet Mozart I'll tell him it's a phenomenal song, but I wish he had used it for something really beautiful and majestic.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Marni could shed a little insight. I'm totally a closet opera fan. I never know what it means, but for some reason I quite enjoy listening to it. It's so passionate.
ReplyDeleteAnd Nathan gave it 5 stars! Your kids are the coolest.
I was just having fun watching momma's abdominals quake!
ReplyDelete