Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Holy CROW!

Ever since reading a National Geographic article maybe ten years ago, I have been fascinated by the intelligence of ravens and crows. Where hundreds of crows caw-cawing in a tree used to annoy me, now I look forward to the arrival of them. A couple of weeks ago, when we traveled to the upper peninsula, we started seeing their big brothers, the ravens. Sitting on the top of a dead pine tree, they look colossal! In our time up there, I never got a picture because we mostly saw them roadside.

The past few days I've had a little quiet time in the afternoon, so I'm finally beginning to wade through the many amazing videos over at TED.com. I just had to share today after watching a video relating to crows.

Click here to watch a ten minute TED.com video that demonstrates the amazing intelligence of crows! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ravens are a soft spot of mine - I'm a Raven!! It's my Wood Badge totem from when I first went and was put into a patrol there. There are some really cool books on ravens by Bernd Heinrich.

    ReplyDelete