
Sariah's kindergarten teacher (same as Elijah's 1st grade teacher) celebrates each child in her class by giving them the title, "Monkey of the day" (monkey is their class mascot). Sariah has been so excited for her day to come up. She helped me choose pictures of herself from when she was a baby and from current photos too to share with her class.
I made rolls so she could share them with her class because that's one of her favorite things and since I made Elijah a t-shirt, I had to make one for Sariah. She was all smiles with excitement about that part.
She also picked out two books for me to read to her class. First, Manfish, a book about Jacques Cousteau. I was truly surprised that she chose this book because it seemed to me that it was a little above her level. She is a girl after my own heart!
Second, He Came with the Couch by David Slonim. This one got the kids laughing. It's a fun book. You can read it here. Your kids will love it. The Lookybook website (previous link) is fun because you can read books online. You can search for books by keyword, look through lists of authors and illustrators, or choose from a list of subjects to select a book to read.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Sariah is "The Monkey of the Day"
Labels:
children's books,
Marine Biology,
Sariah,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment