Elijah and Brigham have birthdays within just a few days of each other, five years apart. Two things I know. They were both born at the wrong time of year AND they are right where they should be developmentally. I only know these two things from anecdotal evidence, so you are free to disagree.
Though I'm too lazy to dig up the evidence to prove it to you today, both boys suffered from heavy mosquito bites to the forehead in their two-year-old summer. Both boys continued to show the evidence of these bites far into the autumn of the year in the form of bleeding picked scabs. Lovely, huh? Elijah still has visible scars. Brigham tries really hard to respond to my redirection.
Oh, and while I'm here being abstract, I'll share another funny story.
Brigham recently started a habit of chewing on his long sleeved shirts. He'd either chew the ends of the sleeves or the collars. After a while of this he was developing red, chaffed skin around his mouth. I decided it was time for an intervention. I started telling him, "Brigham, don't chew your shirt, chew your ears." It was SOOO funny watching him try to find a way to get his ears into his mouth. When he realized he couldn't do it, he started just pulling on his ears instead. Now, all I have to say is "Brigham, don't chew on your shirt," and he will automatically stop and reach to pull on his ears. He's almost completely cured.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
An Unfortunate Stage of Development
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember chewing on my sleeves, too. With one sweatshirt, I almost chewed off the entire sleeve cuff. I think I used to eat the fabric!!
ReplyDelete