We've had the humidifier out in the living room for the last week. It's been a constant sleep-over party for all the sick kids who either can't make it to their beds or need the humidified air to sleep. Brigham has been putting little things into the spout of the humidifier. Last night, Nathan and I pulled out a LENTIL that had sprouted! Nathan asks, "Can I eat this?"
About a week ago, I told Brigham that I was going to go get his P.J.' s to get him dressed for bed. He told me that he wanted his car J's, his truck J's and his stop and go J's. (These particular pajamas have cars and truck and stop lights.). We had a good laugh and now Joseph says, "Considering those other kinds of J's, what are P.J.'s?"
Having slept with me in my bed for about the first year of his life, Brigham still shows up at my bedside at unreasonable hours wanting to sleep with me. He's very wiggly and recently, instead of trying to stay in bed with him, I just tuck him in beside Joseph and wander down the hall to the couch. About two weeks ago, I went through this ritual and just a few moments later, I heard the little feet running down the hall. Then a friendly happy face peered around the edge of the couch followed by, "Oh! There you are!"
Brigham can get the most fun and laughter out of a marble. He throws it over and over at the wall, across the room etc. and then bursts out with peels of laughter. Good thing he's kid number 5. The others wouldn't have gotten away with it. Oh, the leniency!
I've recently had to start putting Brigham in time-out for throwing things (NOT marbles. Oh, the consistency!). I've discovered that his face looks very cute when it's sad, but that he DOES NOT appreciate me telling him that.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Brigham-isms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute, cute! :)
ReplyDeleteI am really lenient with my youngest. I think that the youngest gets the best of the parents because the older ones have already done pretty much everything and we learn from them. Lucky them!
ReplyDeleteHey, as long as he's not throwing knives, right? Although I hear sometimes kid #5 gets to do even THAT! See if you can quickly snap a picture of his cute/sad face. I'd love to see it! It will probably make him really mad, though!
ReplyDeleteAwesome. Good for you for recording those! He sounds like such a delight. :)
ReplyDelete