This picture has nothing to do with the following post. Brigham got sent to the corner a few weeks ago and I thought it was so cute (though an antiquated discipline procedure). He keeps asking me to turn on Picasa so that he can see the pictures of himself in the corner.Tonight, Joseph ran over to the corner store to pick up a few items. In the bottom of the bag, was a Laffy Taffy. He announced that it was for his favorite three year old. What a problem! We don't have a three year old at our house. Brigham is ten, just like May. So, we asked if there were any three year olds and all four older kids were happy to claim the age for the proposed prize. Finally, Brigham acquiesced. He agreed to be three, just this once.
Then, I dropped the bomb. He could only have the Laffy Taffy after he ate his bagel with barbeque chicken. Well, that was o.k. with him. But, like most nights, eating disintegrates into giggles with Sariah and the two of them sit at the table long after the rest of us have gone from dinner back to our books.
I started teasing Brigham that I was going to eat the Laffy Taffy. Like most of my manipulating, it fails miserably to actually get him to eat, but I guess we have some fun and that makes up for it. At one point, he came around the corner of the kitchen and told me that he was going to finish. He said, "You will say DANG! I wanted that Laffy Taffy! And then, I will eat it all." Joseph and I cracked up laughing.
Later, I was going through the kitchen to go out of doors for a wintery night time walk and Brigham stopped me to say, "I'm going to finish and you will say 'Dangit'!" Really? Do I say Dang and Dangit so much? I'm going to have to listen to myself.
Every night when Joseph picks Brigham up from our bed to take him to his bed (Brigham's bedroom is more of a hallway between the stairs and the other boys' room, so it's very hard for him to get to sleep there), he says something like, "There's my sweet boy. Such a sweet boy." Tonight I juxtaposed that with, "I'm going to finish and you will say 'dangit'!" Another good laugh.
I knew if I kept checking you'd post again!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a cute story. I can't wait to see Brigham again.
How cute. Celia started saying "shoot". I didn't think I said it that much either!
ReplyDelete