Sandwiched between the shores of Lake Michigan and the small, but beautiful Silver Lake is a wonderland of dunes. No trails, just follow your feet. Where will they take you?









Silver lake is encroached upon by blowing sand. One day these cottages will be dune front properties!


If you have come this far, you won't go away unsatisfied. Here is your reward:
Can you even imagine the amount of sand in the shoes, clothes, van, and ultimately on the floors and beds? They all had sand covering their faces, caked in their nostrils and ears and filling their pockets. I dumped pile after pile of sand out of shoes.









That's looks so fun!! I can only imagine the ammount of sand you guys had all over you. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteWorth the long post. How fun! Beautiful pictures too. Sand isn't easy to clean-up either!
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing. I've never been anywhere like that - thanks for sharing the pictures and video!
ReplyDeleteWe were there on Friday! Fun...
ReplyDeleteYou go such interesting places. How fun to see this.
ReplyDelete