Sunday, May 16, 2010

2 1/2 Pounds of Luscious Goo

It starts out with a classical story.

My boy was in science class. He was asked to pass out the frogs to be dissected that day in class. He thought it would be funny to throw a frog (wrapped in plastic) at a girl. It wasn't really that funny, which he learned the hard way.

Fast forward. I got a call from the teacher who wanted to know if I had really read the note that had been sent home. Well, I did sign a paper and apparently Nathan craftily cut out my signature and pasted it to another paper. So, I didn't know the real story. Talk about looking like a fool!

Nathan was assigned to yard work duty for Saturday. For Sunday, he was assigned to make fudge and caramels for the teacher and the girl. I picked this punishment because my mom used to make me stir the strawberry jam for hours and hours and hours. It's not something I would wish on anyone. Fudge and caramel both take quite a lot of stirring!

Our first batch of fudge was overcooked. We decided to call it, "Brownie been sittin' on the counter for two days fudge."

The caramels turned out very tasty and very gooey. And the second batch of fudge, with walnuts is pretty sinful too.



Ever wondered what 2 1/2 pounds of luscious goo looks like? Here you go:

2 comments:

  1. Any chance he's got an extra frog he could throw at me? I think it would be well worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummmm, that's all I can think of to say,

    ReplyDelete