Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Have you watched "An Inconvenient Truth?"

I have to admit that it's taken me a while to watch it. There, that's out.


I had heard that Al Gore has a giant house and a huge carbon footprint. So, of course, if he's such a hypocrite, nothing he says can have merit, right? WRONG. That's a logical fallacy.

If you haven't seen "An Inconvenient Truth," please, please watch it.

If you have seen it, please continue educating yourself about the environment and what's happening with world population, pollution, water, agriculture, mining, temperatures/CO2, etc. TED.com can be an excellent starting place for learning.

Nathan told me the other day that he doesn't plan to have any children. He feels it would be irresponsible to bring children into a world like this. He's not referring to the pop culture, drugs, crime etc. He's referring to the perhaps irreversible trends of increased carbon in the atmosphere, melting ice caps, and imminent extinction of species. I can't say that I blame him.

Nathan may change his mind. We may surprise ourselves and as a group, actually care about what's going on and join together to make policy change. Or not.

And now, a preview for "An Inconvenient Truth:"


Oh, and if you haven't seen the Everglades or the glaciers at Glaciers Nat'l Park, you better plan these trips now.


No comments:

Post a Comment