Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween fun

Yesterday I was browsing some recipes.  I haven't done this in a while.  Brigham just happened to come in when I was looking at this cool recipe.  He told me that I should make it.  Later, he told me that they should be done by the time he got home from school.

I did my best:



 Elijah designed this one with the map of MI, the symbol of U of M and the symbol of MSU:


 This is Sariah's:



And here are the costumes which have all been worn before, in one way or another.  I love the costume bin!!
Brigham = skeleton

Sariah = cowgirl

Elijah = birder (he actually is this in real life too!)

May went as "The generation that will take over the world" which comes from a Calvin and Hobbes comic.  But, she didn't trick or treat with the other kids so I don't have her picture.  She "dressed up" and in my opinion looked like a lot of teenagers look every day.  I'm grateful she's so down to earth.

Nathan spent the evening counting crows.  A very large group of crows (over 5,000 and probably up to 12,000 later in the winter) roosts near our house every year.  Nathan is taking down data to be entered into eBird.  Then, he went to Young Men's Chorus.

That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!
    I wonder how one goes about counting crows? We get enormous flocks down here as well, and I wouldn't know how to begin even estimating how many there are.

    ReplyDelete