Monday, February 4, 2013

Softly Falling Snow

This was a terrible, terrible day.  I think it's mostly because I feel like I humiliated myself.  I may not have actually humiliated myself, but I feel like I did.  AND, if anyone in the group of people I was in feel like what I said was improper or offensive, then Ugh!  I have a way of walking out of situations and replaying things in my mind until my actions are larger than life.

This day is coming on the heels of a crazy-busy weekend in which some people were overstressed and in which my debit card number was compromised.  May and I were shopping at the mall and suddenly, my debit card was rejected.  I thought it was a fluke until it was rejected in the next store too.  Come to find out, someone was charging large amounts on the card at Abercrombie and Fitch in Texas.  Having your card number stolen has a way of making a person feel violated.  It has a way of making you poorer too.  The bank has to investigate these charges before they refund it.  Personally, I think it would be hard to be in two places at once, but I'm sure they have to follow procedure.

But, even through that yucky stuff, there is something wonderful today.  They sky has been slowly snowing fluff all day long.  How often does that happen?  I guess it's a little like when it mist-rains all day long.  I just don't remember noticing this kind of snowing before.

Well, here's to a better day tomorrow.  And, for what it's worth (I'm saying this to myself only), it could always be worse!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the day, and WOW, the credit card issue stinks! Hope that gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete