Nathan has written a multitude of essays while applying for an Audubon scholarship, Conserve School, and Michigan's Youth Conservation Council. Plus, in October, he wrote a 20 page paper as a write-up from his summer project (I really should do a post about that).
Well, he's not the only one!
Over the last year and a half, we've been noticing Elijah asking lots of engineering questions. He wants to know how all the parts of a car work and how they work together. He asks all sorts of questions that I can't answer as I drive him to school.
I decided to search for a summer camp that would give him an introduction to engineering to see if that's the way he'd like to head in the future. MSU has one, but for some reason I thought of MTU, Michigan Tech University. They are well known for their engineering programs. They had a camp that fit well into our summer schedule and as a bonus, we can pay as commuters and camp at a state park in the U.P. near MTU.
He's in the process of applying for a scholarship. He had to ask his teacher for a letter of recommendation and write an essay. He worked really hard on that and found that he didn't mind writing essays with a little help and with a clear idea of what he needed to write.
We're hoping this is good practice for college applications.
Great job Elijah!!
Monday, March 11, 2013
Elijah writes essays too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Job Elijah!
ReplyDelete