Our washing machine has been broken for at least a year now. There are more exciting things to spend money on than a washing machine! So, I have been going to the laundromat that's about 2 miles from our house for just over a year.
Last night, I wrote down all of the information that has been swirling around in my head while I was at the laundromat. It's crazy that my to-do list is 3 pages long! Today is supposed to be my rest day, gearing up for that list, since I spent 4.5 hours digging and pulling yesterday, but I ended up at Fenner filling bird feeders and learning about animal care anyway!
But, the reason I started this post was to say that there are so many different kinds of people who go to the laundromat. Some are there just to get their comforters clean. I used to be in this category. Some are there doing laundry for a big family like mine. Some people think it's o.k. to play whatever kind of music they like. Some people are very polite and friendly. Others don't make eye contact.
Then, last night, there were some really special people there. These two guys were probably in their 20's and every 4th or 5th word was a swear word. When the convenience store clerk/laundry support person came in, one of them said to the other, "Hey, watch your language." I really wish they had given me the same respect. I probably should have asked for it, but at 1 a.m., I wasn't feeling particularly safe getting into a fight with two guys.
There's probably not much more to say about the laundromat. I don't enjoy going. I do enjoy getting a week's worth of laundry done in about 3 hours!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Laundromat musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always enjoyed the idea of getting all my loads done in one session when I was on my mission!!
ReplyDelete