There were several big things going on for the last few months. Nathan and I were taking a class and gathering ideas for a project. The ABA Young Birder of the Year contest started up and Elijah decided to do a project. There were two birthdays and EcoWeekend to attend. There was the regular end-of-the-year concert season, field trips and busyness.
After this period of time I can understand when people say they are going to hold on and try to enjoy the ride. I literally felt like my schedule was pulling me along. If I sat down for a few hours, it was very hard to get back up again and get going.
This week is a transition period between that busy time and a different kind of busy time that is our summer schedule. We have lots of camping planned. Some trips are being taken so that kids can attend camp along with our regularly scheduled time in the U.P. with Joseph's sister and her partner Pam coming to vacation with us.
I'm definitely feeling the call of the hiking trail and the beach and the ability to "stay put" for a full day and just soak in nature. My sister and I talked yesterday and she was glowing about how much she loves to hike. I haven't hiked all Spring. This isn't necessarily bad as I've put in 100+ hours of service at the nature center and I have been outside. But, there is something different about being out on the trail exploring and absorbing nature.
I'm hoping to get off the busyness train and feel some calm and peace. I'm going to have to remind myself to do that. I might feel a little clumsy at first since I'm out of practice, but my goal is that by summer's end I've felt some zen.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
On Being Pulled Along
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment