First accident. A week and a half ago, Sariah slammed the bathroom door. Anyone familiar with my house knows there was a huge mirror mounted there. There was a mirror. Then it landed on May's foot and finally shattered all over into the wall and floor. Joseph took May to the ER where they took x-rays. We still have to take her to the Dr. tomorrow to see if she might need a cast. My feeling is that she probably does since it has continued to hurt all week.
Second accident. Nathan had been bugging me about letting him play behind the fence. Joseph said no, but I wanted him to be able to because he's almost 11 and we need to cut the strings. We decided together that he could go back there as long as he stayed close to the gate. Over the years we have lived here, we've been lazy about cleaning up the yard and tossed and stacked a lot of things back there that we are going to need to clean out. Additionally, the previous owner had put lots of things back there that really shouldn't have been there, like cans of paint, left-overs from projects.
At any rate, Nathan was back there today and I was showering after having planted one of my front flower beds. All of a sudden I hear this loud and wrenching screaming. Joseph was pulling in the driveway that very minute having been out looking for a new van for us. He yelled to me to get some gauze. I threw him the towel I had on. He rushed him to the hospital. I didn't see the wound, but my husband told me that there was a huge hole and lots of skin torn off. (He went back to look quickly to see if there was a piece of flesh to take with him.) It all sounds so horrible to me. I am very stressed and worried. Trying to turn it over to God since the only thing I can do is wait to hear what's going on and be a good parent to the other four who are home.
I have requested prayers from family. Anyone willing to send up a prayer, please do so. That always soothes me some. My maker is in charge here.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Accidents
Labels:
accidents,
May,
Nathan,
spirituality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy Cow, Cindi! Tell us what's going on asap! I'm on the edge of my seat here!
ReplyDelete