This summer I bought "Lady Bug Land" from Meijer. Inside there is a small landscaped plastic "land" and also a coupon to mail in for the lady bugs. We've done butterflies and ants previous years and I wanted to do something new. We don 't have any of the pretty red lady bugs around here, just an ugly smelly oriental version (an invading species, I believe).
Anyway, today I opened it up so I could send the coupon in and start the process. As I was putting the check and coupon into the envelope, I looked at the check list on the back which asked the usual questions: Did you remember your payment? Did you put proper postage on the envelope? and the last question really stung me. An unusual one. Have you told someone close to you that you love them? I had just gotten after Sariah for something she was doing at the lunch table. I was going to ignore the question when it just popped out, "Love ya, Sis!" (We call Sariah, Sis, Sissy, Sissy Ru etc.) EVERYONE at the table stopped and went completely silent. Now I always tell the kids "Love ya" at night before bed and when dropping them off for school, but hardly ever just in the moment. A real eye-opener!
Makes me want to see that envelope again.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
The envelope
Labels:
sentimental,
summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How sweet. I catch myself at times being a little more harsh than needed and think: 'my mom would have never apologized or hugged me or told me that she loved me'. Those are the times that I quickly try to show my affection. Sometimes it helps to have an envelope!
ReplyDelete