Monday, June 4, 2007

My Movie Picks

I thought I would like to mention some of our favorite movies. People are always looking for good movies to watch. Share some of yours too!

When "You've Got Mail" came out we decided to research and watch the film that it was based on called The Shop Around the Corner. It has now become one of our favorite movies ever. Lots of quotable quotes! It's black and white, but well worth it. James Stewart has the leading role (now I'm really bad with actors names, so from here on out I probably won't mention any names).

I can't remember who recommended Enchanted April, but I will be forever grateful. It is an all-time favorite which is very artistic in style. The music is lovely. I think it qualifies as a "chick flick," but my husband loves it as well.

Speaking of artistic quality, the newest Pride and Prejudice gets the award for best movie in that category. Loved it!!

We are always quoting Napoleon Dynamite around here. Most people have probably seen it. As far as I'm concerned, it has a questionable topic as far as kids are concerned and also words like "IDIOT!" My kids helped themselves to the movie when I didn't know about it (ohhh, lazy parenting). But it does give us adults a laugh! I hear you either love it or hate it.

If you haven't seen Facing the Giants, run out and get it. You'll be glad you did. It was put together by a Baptist church and is really wonderful. It's a real feel good movie that isn't afraid to be Christian.

Narnia was amazing. Most people have probably seen that one too. It was so inspiring to me, especially the part about forgiveness. Struck a chord and helped me forgive where I needed to.

We enjoyed Roman Holiday a lot. It's another black and white. Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn, need I say more? Nice scenery.

We loved I am David. It had a lot to say about how there are good people in the world and we can have trust in society (combined with trust in God) no matter how bad it gets.

Love Comes Softly is a must see. It is emotional. It is spiritual. (I think I see a pattern emerging here.)

Now for Joseph's picks. He likes The Great Escape. I enjoy that one a lot too. It's a World War II film about soldiers captured and imprisoned in German Territory. Remember the Titans is another good one. We also liked Holes a lot.

On Sunday afternoons, our whole family enjoys Little House on the Prairie episodes since they are available on DVD now. Everyone looks forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the movie ideas! I was just telling Geoff that we needed to find some good movies to watch for the summer. We usually don't have time during the school year!

    ReplyDelete