Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter Movie Night

Since I'm doing American Girl Club for May, I decided that Nathan needed an activity too. It used to be that he wouldn't even consider reading a fiction novel. I had to bribe him to read fiction. He struggled with creative writing as well. Now, he's more balanced, partly due to who else but Harry Potter! He recently saw movies #1-3 and #5 also (despite the fact that I got nightmares from #1!) We are having our first "Harry Potter Movie Night" on August 3rd from 6:30-9:30 pm. Once we've watched all the Harry Potter Movies (if it's ok with parents since there are a couple PG-13s), we'll move on to other movies based on good books.

There will be a prize for the kids who read or reread the book before the meeting (trivia questions!). We'll have lots of snacks and lots of fun too! For our first meeting, I'm making everyone a t-shirt (LOTS of work!), better get busy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like FUN! I won't tell Sam about it; he would love to be able to come! He'd have a great time. He is in the middle of the last book...I just hope that whoever dies is not too upsetting. Also, Caleb is in the middle of book 4. He is diligently reading it 'cause we won't let him watch the movie 'til he reads the book!

    ReplyDelete