Monday, July 23, 2007

American Girl Club!

My friend, Kristen Miller, started an American Girl Club back in April because her daughters had been attending one at a local book store that was a little disappointing at times. May had really been enjoying it, so we decided to continue it at our house after the Millers moved away.

We had our first meeting this past Saturday where we studied Kirsten and her times. We had a fantastic time. The girls formed and baked their own rolls, made a Native American baby doll, and purchased candy in our very own "General Store." We spent some time talking about pioneer times and learning some interesting facts about what life would have been like for Kirsten.

I love activities like this because it's so fun to be creative! I've decided to put a book together for each girl with biographical information and then each meeting time, we will add a page. So in the end May (and each girl) will have a book titled, "May, An American Girl" and it will be all about her. My biggest challenge will be to keep it tamed down to an amount of work I can actually accomplish!

May and her friend Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Cindi..
    That sounds like fun. Brookelyn & I took a trip to Chicago with Amber Dahle & Sydney just last week and we spent all day at the American Girl place & did fun activities...then we went to Madison Wisconsin from there to the Madison Children's museum benefit sale where they sale all return items from American Girl at discounted prices..that was a blast too..I'd like to start a club too...could you send me some of the activities you're doing and stuff...I won't be able to start until school starts up again..that'd be great if you're willing to share your ideas..if not that's okay too!!!

    ReplyDelete