Monday, July 23, 2007

Intersection

I've been thinking a lot this morning about how people's lives intertwine. We meet friends, get to know them, love them, then they move away. Recently our friends, the Millers, moved away. At a good-bye dinner, Joseph mentioned wanting to sing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again." At least this time, it will only be a short while before we meet with the Millers again as they have decided to make the trip up to Northern Utah for May's baptism! YEAH!!! I have fond memories of singing that hymn at the end of General Conference when our beloved prophet has just finished speaking. It is such a uniting and strengthening song, but also pulls at my emotions and longings for the day when we will all truly be together, without the partings.

Yesterday I had a short meeting with somebody I didn't necessarily think I would see again. Steph Gibson was my visiting teacher for part of the time that she lived near me. (As a side note, she was the first one to recognize that I might have post-partum depression and was actually brave enough to loan me her book about it. I was pretty defensive about that at the time, but I did indeed suffer from that illness. She opened up the door to my actually looking at a solution. She doesn't know this, but I will always be grateful for it.) We took a lovely drive to Hastings, Michigan to see her daughter, Aspen, be baptized. We were only there for a brief time, enough to exchange hugs and say our hellos, but it was well worth it. I'm so happy to have actually SEEN her again. She has a beautiful family and the love in the room was very strong. Thanks for letting us be there, Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment