Saturday, July 7, 2007

Max's Race


In 2005, Nathan knew a little boy named Max who would sometimes come into his 2nd grade classroom to play. Max's kindergarten class was right across the hall from Nathan's 2nd grade classroom. In March of that year Max got really sick and passed away. In his honor, his parents hold a 5K race every summer to raise money for the local hospital pediatrics ward. We have attended all three years. The first two years, the kids did a fun run sprint. This year we decided to walk the whole thing as a family. My kids were really good sports even though it was a stretch for all three of the oldest kids to walk the whole thing at about a 19 minute pace. May and I will try to run the kid's one mile next year. I haven't done any running since I was in college, so this should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment