I really like this a cappella group called Inside-Out A cappella. I put in their CD the other day called "So It Seems." There's a song on that CD with a line that says, "You hold my soul in your hand like water." I gave that line a lot of thought a some years ago in the crucible of my marriage relationship. Ideas are always easier than actual follow through, but I really tried to apply that idea.
Now later, I'm thinking about it in a little different way, applying to lots of things in life. I think it's all about balance. You can't hold on too tight or else you lose the water by squeezing it out. You have to hold on enough though so that the water doesn't seep through. It has to be done in a strong, but gentle way.
Food for thought!
Thursday, July 5, 2007
You hold my soul
Labels:
life lessons,
music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cindy, I love Inside-Out! My favorite is there primary colors cd. We have a blast listening to it as a family.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love how music speaks to you?