
Devil's Tower is located in Northeast Wyoming. It is this enormous formation of rock jutting up into open space. It is the remains of an old volcano. It is just amazing when it comes into view and as you drive closer, it continues to amaze. When I think that we almost didn't make this stop, I'm so grateful that we squeezed it in.
My favorite part about this stop was the hike around the peak. It was woodsy and very peaceful. We kept telling our kids to notice how quiet it was there. They had a great time climbing rocks, looking for wildlife and BEING QUIET!! It is sacred ground for some Native Americans, a place where they pray and do other ceremonies.
I had brought along Nathan's invitations for his second "Harry Potter Movie Night." We needed to mail them on vacation or people wouldn't get them in time. Even though it was a little early, I decided that Devil's Tower was the perfect place to get them postmarked!! A couple of the kids even noticed and commented on it.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Devil's Tower
Labels:
Nathan,
photos,
spirituality,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment