Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do something nice for yourself!!


May has been having some sad feelings about parting with her family (especially Brigham) on a daily basis to go to school. I'm not really sure why this is happening, but we are trying to deal with it in a healthy way. May has approached me each of three nights to tell me that she has a lump in her throat and that she doesn't know why or what to do about it. I have talked to her briefly about saying a prayer to ask for comfort each night. Last night I added that she should ask Heavenly Father if He would tell her what the problem is and what would help (she didn't seem to know why she was having these feelings), but then tonight I had a little extra inspiration. I told her that I like to rub my feet with lotion and it makes me feel good. I told her that doing something nice for yourself is a good way to help with hard feelings. She went and did it apparently and came, looking uplifted, to thank me for the suggestion. Tomorrow night may be something different, but it felt good to have the loving communication with that spiritual aspect added in. I guess that's what relationships are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment